You’re planning a trip abroad, and need to make a list of things you need to take with you. There are some items you need to pack regardless of where you’re visiting, but there are other things you should have depending on the destination, climate and activities you want to take part in when you’re on holiday. Here are some of the most important things to take with you before you being your vacation:
- Clothes – depending on the time of year and the climate of the vacation, take what you need. It’s also important to take a coat or hat in case of rain and some spare clothes in emergency situations.
- Travel documents, including your passport.
- Plane/train/ferry/boat tickets. Without these, you won’t be able to go on holiday.
- Money – you will need to get some spending money, ideally in the currency used for your destination. Maybe get more than you need in case of emergencies.
- Take out travel insurance before you go away. Purchasing travel insurance from firms like 123.ie, you can get comprehensive cover for the duration of your holiday, which covers everything from accidents on the road to criminal damage and theft.
- If going somewhere sunny, bring sunglasses, protective headwear and suntan lotion. They will all help to protect you against eye damage and sunburn, allowing you to catch the sun without a care in the world.
- A camera. Wherever you’re going, you’ll want to capture some of the most memorable moments of your stay, and you can print the photos you’ve taken when you get home.
For more tips on how to save money when on holiday, visit this Free Finance Blog